Cheese!
Oh no, I haven't baby proofed the 3rd shelf yet!
My mom has always said, "wouldn't it be nice if babies came with buttons that would light up when there was a problem (ie - hungry, tired, bored, mad, just being a baby, etc)." Somedays I really wish this were true more than others. Today is one of those days where I need the button. I just don't understand how a sweet, cute, loving child can go to sleep nice and quiet one night, then scream and cry their head off the next night as if they are being water boarded (actually, I'm not sure if you scream while being water boarded, I guess you wouldn't since technically you're being drowned and can't breath)! Nothing I did seemed to help unless I was willing to just lie down and sleep in the crib with him, which I'm not. I'm waaaayy too big for that now. He is finally asleep after lots of singing, rocking, and crying (by both of us) and I hope he sleeps longer tonight than he has been.
Every night, at some point, he ends up coming to bed with us. When Brian's gone, JJ comes to bed a little earlier : ) It's anywhere between 11 pm and 5 am. Last night, though, JJ thought it would be "fun" to play games with me! Four times throughout the night, he woke up crying. I let him cry a little, then would get up and go upstairs, but by the time I would get there, he would be back soundly sleeping! Finally, at 4 am, on my way up the stairs, I decided that even if he was asleep by the time I got to his room, he was coming into bed with me! Luckily for him, he was still crying when I got there and when I went in, he looked up from his crib and said in the sweetest/saddest voice "mama." I know it was just a fluke, but it melted my heart : )
Another current mystery. . . what's with eating paper?!? Last week, we were at Old Navy and I was letting him play with a hat while we were shopping. Soon enough, I heard him coughing. I looked down and he had eaten the whole price tag! He hadn't just chewed on it, but had eaten it! I pulled some of it out of his mouth, but he probably ate about half of it. This morning, while I was getting ready, he unrolled half the roll of toilet paper and then started eating it, after he had already gotten in trouble earlier this morning for eating Kleenex! I really hope he grows out of this and doesn't have papereatingitis.
Lib, the paper stories have made me laugh out loud -- cats eat grass for the minerals, don't they? Maybe JJ needs some ink! That was way too funny. You looked lovely the other night at the wedding. Glad I got to see all the So. Cal. kids for a minute, anyway. Don't quit putting things on the blog just because your Mom is going to be there, either! Love, FGA
ReplyDeleteI just about cried with you over the night time story. The only thing we can say is it eventually passes, whenever that is!
ReplyDeletePapereatingitis is the funniest term I've seen! I used to chew paper in elementary school, but JJ is much smarter, so I'm sure he'll grow out of that one soon. :-)