Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Swim Lessons!





He seems to like the splashing more than I do










Playing with Tristan


Sorry for the excessive number of photos, but it's been awhile : )

So JJ has been pretty busy lately. He started taking about 4 steps at a time and will then sit down laughing and crawl away. He started doing this on Friday when I was still working and Brian was off early. JJ I guess really took it to heart that Brian wanted to see him walk first : ) He's been getting more sure of himself and will now walk around with holding only one of our hands. It's pretty cute and I'm sure running will be next!

JJ and I (Brian was on duty) went up to LA last weekend to babysit Tristan so that Michael and Krista could go to a CPR class. Tristan and JJ seemed to get along better than ever and on Saturday, I took both the kids to the park by myself. I unfortunately don't have any pictures though since watching a very active 3 1/2 year old and a very active almost 1 year old kept me very busy with no time for picture taking : (

JJ started swim lessons this week. It's a 2 week class, Monday through Thursday. The teacher said the main purpose is just to get him acclimated to the water so he won't be scared. He cried yesterday for about a minute, but then started splashing around and seems to really enjoy himself. The pool is right by our house, so we just walk over there which is really nice. JJ enjoys going out for walks, so it's double pleasure for him : ) Today we dunked him twice and he didn't even cry about it, even though I did! He's been trying to blow bubbles, but can't really get the hang of it. We'll keep working on it.

I can officially announce that JJ is no longer a vegetarian! I was getting so worried, but he has found his current favorite meat. . . ham!!! We just buy a ham steak and cut it up for him and he'll eat the whole thing in 2 days! He also enjoys chicken, especially in a quesadilla. Since he'll be giving up formula in about a week, I was getting worried about his protein intake, but luckily he loves cheese, avocado, ham, and now chicken, so I think he'll continue to grow.

4 comments:

  1. Cute pics. Three water babies for sure. I love the box picture because it reminds me of some of the pictures we have of JJ's mother in boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And grow he will - Val's first meat that he liked was ham, I think. And, you see where he is today! Cute pictures - I was having withdrawals! Boxes are always way more fun than most toys.
    Love4, FGA

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading updates on my adorable nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a true Cali boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete