JJ's favorite thing. . . watching videos of himself!
"Helping" put up the tent.
Yes, there was a rock in his mouth!
Mmmm, dirt
Mmmm, more dirt
We went camping this last Sunday through Tuesday with Michael, Krista and Tristan. We were planning to go to Lake Lopez, which is up in the mountains, but with over 100 degree weather we instead decided to head to the the beach. We stayed at Pismo Beach and it was really nice.
It was our first time camping together as a family and was pretty busy with JJ walking all over the campground. JJ decided that he needed to "clean" all the rocks at the camp ground. He put every rock he could find into his mouth. Gross! He didn't seem to be eating them, was just sucking on them, but thankfully he didn't choke on any of them. He also ate LOTS of dirt! We all had a really good time and JJ loved being able to run around outside all day and chase Tristan around. Tristan and JJ got along very well and Tristan always "traded" toys with JJ when he wanted his toy!
Since we were camping, JJ didn't really want to sleep since he just wanted to play all the time. We hung out at the beach on Monday and then headed up to Cambria. On the drive to Cambria, we asked Tristan to be quiet so that JJ could sleep, but instead Tristan took a nap and JJ spent the whole time "talking"!
While I was working on this post, JJ was literally walking around in circles the whole time in the living room. He thinks it's really funny to go back and forth to the same place! He is also working on walking backwards. He'll take a few steps back and then laugh and sit down! I tried to get a video, but of course he stopped when the camera came out. It's really fun to watch him try new things.
I love the shirt and the accompanying rock in his mouth together! This camping trip sounded like alot of fun, but not very restful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Obviously JJ, and Tristan, are well on their way to Order of the Arrow status in Scouts. Rock eating merit badge doesn't ring any bells, but tent assembly is way up there! I really like the picture of JJ looking out of the tent. That look comes right out of my memories. I think the caption was usually "isn't breakfast ready yet?"
ReplyDeletethe picture of him in there where he is sitting at the picnic table smiling, he looks exactly like Tony. Seriously, at certain times JJ looks like a cute little old man. :) I love it. Cant wait to see my little bud. I need to send some pics for you to put in his scrapbook of him and I. I need to keep that updated.
ReplyDeleteI tried to write this morning and couldn't remember my password! Like the walking backwards thing -- maybe he wil be the first person to really know and understand that hindsight is better than forsight! He's got some of my genes - I guess I put everything I could in my mouth, also! Just wait for the first bug! Nice picture of Dad and Son! FGA/FA
ReplyDelete