You can't tell because of the flash, but he was watching a video of himself. He can't get enough!
Notice he's standing on this poor kid's stroller!
Ahhh, that's "real" and "fake" Chuck E. Cheese in the same room! (and that's my friend's daughter in the chair)
Sensory overload equals let's sit and eat some snacks!
This weekend we had 2 kid's birthday parties to go to about an hour north of San Diego, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, so we decided to take a little "staycation" and get a hotel room up there for Saturday night. It turned out to be a nice little get away with lots of fun at the birthday parties!
Saturday, was a circus theme birthday party for a friend's one year old, complete with a bounce house and a clown! JJ spent the whole time just walking around and trying to play with the older kids. He seemed to have a good time and he fell asleep about 2 minutes after we left. After the party and JJ's nap in the car, we went to Old Town Temecula and enjoyed some gelato and wine tasting. JJ liked the gelato a lot more than the wine : )
Today's birthday party was at Chuck E. Cheese. I have decided that parents who throw their children's birthday parties there are either saints or crazy! There were soooo many families and kids running around and so much going on! There are lots of games, a climbing structure, "fake" Chuck E. Cheese and his "band" plus "real" Chuck E. Cheese walking around and greeting all the birthday parties. On top of all of this, there is loud music and Chuck E. Cheese TV on constantly! JJ seemed a little indifferent about it, but I was on complete sensory overload! I guess this is why it's one of the only children's establishments that serves beer! Although it was a nice afternoon and I'm glad we went, we decided that JJ's birthday party will never be there. Please, don't ever let me have his party there!
Last Thursday, JJ had his one year check-up with the doctor. He is still growing like a weed and still very healthy. He was deemed a "well child" for the first time since growing out of being a "well baby." He sure is grown up now : )
Current stats -
Weight - 24 pounds, 66th percentile
Height - 2' 8", 96th percentile
Head - 48 cm, 89th percentile
Survey says. . . he's still a tall skinny bobble-head!!!
P.S. - Apparently he had too good of a weekend since he's been crying/screaming for the last 10 minutes while Brian has been trying to put him down, with about 10 minutes of comforting from me and now Brian's back up there : (

I love the picture of mom on sensory overload at Chuck E. Cheese's. What a great weekend - especially the wine and gelato!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
i adore the pic of brian smiling holding jj. its so dang cute.
ReplyDeleteI saw this yesterday and couldn't get a message to stick from the office! Cute pictures and if I was as cute as Jonathan is, I'd look at my video too! Yeah, I know I just set myself up, what the heck, I don't blame the boy for watching himself!
ReplyDeleteDid you have wine with the gelato?