Thursday, October 28, 2010

Defeated. . .




Why did you take the iphone away from me : (




Brian's been gone almost a week now and JJ has officially won. He's been sick this week and only woke up a few times each night on Monday and Tuesday night, however, he's been starting to feel a little better and showing it! Last night he woke up at 8:30, 9:30, and when he woke up at 10:30, I brought him to be with me. Then. . . at 2:30 am, he thought it would be a good time to wake up and play! For the next two hours he was playing, scratching his skin (his eczema has flared up since he's sick), pushing at his teeth (another top tooth is coming in), "chomping" his teeth which he seems to think it's hilarious that his teeth make noise, and crying/screaming when I would leave him by himself. I put him back in his crib, took him out of his crib, put him back in his crib, took him out of his crib and back to bed with me. He/we finally were able to go back to sleep at 4:30 am. When he woke up happy at 7:15 as if nothing ever happened, it was a little hard on me.

As I was getting ready for work this morning and completely exhausted, he got a pack of gum out of my purse. I was off my game so just smiled at him since it was making him happy to play with it. Then, I noticed he was playing with a stick of gum. Still off my game, I let him. About a minute later, he was smiling and laughing which was a sign that he was doing something he wasn't supposed too. . . he had bit off a piece of the gum and paper and was "chewing" it! I took the gum away and he started throwing a fit, throwing his head back, crying, and laying down on the ground. It was at this point I heard a gulp! He swallowed the gum! We are now doing a science experiment to see how long gum really lasts in your system!

JJ and I both ended up in tears after he swallowed the gum : ( After the last few days of craziness, I'm completely defeated : ( JJ wins every time!

5 comments:

  1. What do I say, it's the life of a toddler and a continual exploring of can I, should I, do I, and how come I can't! And, furthermore, I don't want to. I"m really sorry sleep is still so interrupted - that is no fun at all!!
    Take care and be of strong faith - it will get better! Love, FA

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ has the best expressions - just like Mom! Thanks for the cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cute pictures got passed up by the sad post. I'm sorry sweetie. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Can Do It Libby! We're thinking of you and JJ and are proud of you both :) Miss you.
    Becky/Larry and Michael...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! So sorry about the sleep issues. I can definitely sympathize! Hang in there.. I wish I had some brilliant advice for you. He will figure it out eventually!! At least he's adorable and a happy kid!

    ReplyDelete