Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last Weekend.


I Spy. . . one focused Mommy, one very happy JJ holding Grandpa's hand, and one VERY touristy Grandma!


Finally the elephants!


I swear there's a baby giraffe behind that hat : )








We had a great weekend with my parents. JJ had swim lessons Saturday morning with his girlfriend, Avery. He did pretty well for about the first 20 minutes and then hit a wall and was ready to be out of the pool. Luckily the lesson was only 30 minutes! The lessons are at the Y which is fun and the instructors love singing songs during lessons. While JJ was in gymnastics there he hated the songs and swim lessons are no different. For some reason, he HATES the "hokey pokey"! He literally cried and screamed and completely refused to participate! Maybe this weeks lessons will go better, if they don't sing any songs which is unlikely!

Sunday we went to church in the morning, then headed to the zoo after JJ's nap. It was a really nice afternoon and my mom said it was the perfect pace being with a toddler! We let JJ walk pretty much the whole time, other than when my dad was carrying him (per JJ's request). We had told him that we would see elephants so he started saying "I want elephant, elephant, elephant now, elephant now" from the time we walked through the gate. We finally got to them and he could have stayed there for days! Brian forced us to move on after awhile and we got to see baby flamingos and huge turtles for my mom on the way out of the park. All in all, it was a very nice weekend : )

Unfortunately this week, I'm working and commuting. Brian and I don't like the new schedule, but JJ is excited because he gets to spend the days with his "friends" again where he was while I was in school. I really wish that I could still be with him all day, but he doesn't seem to mind. He's had a good week playing, but we're looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment