Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just JJ being JJ.





This was only the second time that he'd seen Ice Road Truckers, but he remembered the name of the show!

JJ talks more and more all the time. Tonight, we were playing and he threw a book at my head. I said, "JJ, we don't throw books. You hurt Mommy." JJ responded with, "I funny, I funny, hahahahaha!!!" I do not think that that's funny!!!

Warning - semi-inappropriate story to follow -
In case you've ever had a baby/toddler, you know that it's "standard practice" to ask a toddler, "did you poop?" and then check his pants, and we are no different. We'll say, "JJ, did you poop?" and most of the time he'll answer honestly! He has been pretty inappropriately funny lately though. The other day, Brian farted and JJ laughed and said, "Daddy pooped!" Then yesterday, JJ was stinky and we asked him if he pooped, he said "no, Mommy pooped" and then ran up behind me and pulled my pants down to "check"!!!! He definitely is comprehending and remembering what we do!

Brian's on duty tonight and I HATE it! I know that he was gone for more than 6 months, so one night shouldn't be bad, but it's really annoying! Every 5 or 6 days has been torture for me. JJ asked like 10 times today where Daddy was and then when he heard the neighbor come home he got excited and yelled "Daddy." Then tonight, he would not go to sleep. By 8:31 pm, I'd already had to go back upstairs 5 times when normally I never have to go back up. He just cries and wants out of his crib and cries, "I see Daddy." Which really breaks my heart because I have to say, no, he's at work and then he just cries and cries even more : ( I really can't wait until December when Brian is off the ship and these stupid duty days are over. Sorry for the random venting.

2 comments:

  1. i like the random venting, it makes me feel better about my venting. i find that type-venting is very therapeutic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poop story! And the "I'm funny" story. He's a crack up! Sorry about Brian being on duty.. that's really no fun. :( I have a whole new level of sympathy for military families who have kids after watching you guys! Hang in there. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete