If you look really closely, you can see the dolphin fin . . .
Brian's parents were in town for the weekend and we all had a great time. On Saturday we took JJ on his first visit to Sea World. The whole way there he kept saying "I want to see world." I don't think he understands different meanings for the same words yet, i.e. "sea" vs "see"! We walked around the park and got to see the penguins, sharks, sea turtles, sea lions, lots of fish, got to touch some star fish in the tide pool, polar bears, whales, and we went to the dolphin show. JJ actually sat quietly and watched intently for the whole 25 minute dolphin show! It was truly amazing to see (JJ sitting quietly that is!)!
He loved seeing all the animals and only ran off a few times. He would only run off when we were out in the open though; when we would go into an exhibit that was a little dark he would whine and want to be picked up. He loved seeing the animals but did not want to walk through the exhibits on his own. Brian and I were reminded a little as to why we love the zoo so much though since at the zoo the crowds aren't as concentrated. It was a little more difficult to keep an eye on super fast JJ with the big crowds.
Brian's parents bought JJ a shark that is now officially his favorite toy and he has to sleep with it! Yesterday when we put him to bed for his nap, he was sleeping on his blanket as a pillow, had a pacifier in one hand, and the shark in the other. Apparently we're now to the age of sleeping with toys in the bed.
Yesterday we headed to the beach and JJ liked it more this time than he ever has in the past. He buried Opa's feet in the ground and actually went out in the ocean with Brian holding him. He still was a little scared of the waves, but didn't cry like before. While we were at the beach, we saw lots of dolphins swimming and "surfing" in the waves. It was really neat to see them out in the wild doing their own show!
We had a great weekend followed by complete meltdown this evening. After dropping off Brian's parents at the airport, JJ cried almost the whole way home saying through his tears "I want Oma, I want Opa." Then on the drive home JJ saw a different Navy ship out in the water and JJ started asking for "Daddy boat." At which point I had to tell him that Daddy and his boat are out in the ocean for the next 10 days which just made him cry even more : ( I felt so bad for him that I let him con me into a dinner of crackers, fruit crisps, and fruit snacks! We'll hopefully both be able to pull it together for the next week and a half and eat some more well balanced meals : )
Great photos! Looks like everyone had a fun weekend. It's no fun trying to chase small children around crowds.. I completely agree! Sorry for you and JJ that everyone left all at once. :(
ReplyDeleteCute pictures, Girl! Needles in haystacks are sometimes easier to find than keeping a little person corraled! The next days will go quickly, I am sure. It's really busy around a certain house in Graham, I can tell you for sure! Love, Rosalee
ReplyDelete