Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas from ITALY!!!


A little sleep on the plane : )


Brian's Chief put this tree in our room for us which was very nice of him






Merry Christmas everyone! Soooo, here we are in Italy! The flights weren't that bad and JJ actually slept for the complete second out of third flight. During the third flight (Munich to Naples), JJ threw a few fits, but was mostly good. At one point, I was looking at the beautiful new scenery that we were about to enjoy and I heard JJ yelling, "Mommy, I'm talking to you!" Apparently he wasn't as enthralled with the view as I was : )

Getting adjusted to the time change has been quite a challenge. I had been emailing with a Navy wife/mom who has lived here for three years and she warned me that the first night JJ might wake up at 10 and want to get up and eat and play. I'm now concerned that he's reading my emails because sure enough, at 10 pm he wanted to get up and eat and play! Since we were told this was "normal," we let him and then he finally went back to bed around 12:30.

For some reason we thought last night would be better . . . we were very wrong! Last night he was awake from about 9:45 pm until 3:45 am! He wanted to play, eat, cry, kick, whine, drink juice, etc. . . basically everything but sleep! He went to bed tonight at 8 and has already woken up once, so we'll see how tonight goes : (

We've now been here for two days and since we don't have a car, we haven't been able to get off base yet. We're really looking forward to getting out and starting to really experience life in our new country. So I'm going to be changing the format a little of the blog. I'll still talk about JJ and his silly antics, but I'll also talk about our experiences living abroad for the next three years. I hope you enjoy : )

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Christmas pictures! We will look forward to your blog journal, for sure! Then we can pick out what we want to experience in person when we are there - in addition to seeing the three of you, of course! But we will definitely enjoy JJ stories, too!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Merry Christmas!

    Love, Mom and the Dad

    Love, Mom and the Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a stuttering kind of day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you guys survived the plane trip over. I totally goofed on getting Thomas to you before you left.. but now he'll have to make the International trek via mail. Love you guys and can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete