

This little box/chair was built for Pope Pius the IX to ride in (i.e. a Popemobile!) . . . apparently he was a pretty small man!
About the time JJ was begging to go home
On Sunday we drove out to a small town that has the Royal Palace of Caserta which was only about a 20 minute drive. It really does surprise me how much stuff we're close to! The palace was built in the 1700's, so it's not really old, but was still fun to see. JJ really enjoyed about the first 5 rooms and when we would walk into a new room he would yell, "wow, Mommy, look at that!" Then I think he caught on that every ceiling was painted and everything had pretty stuff, so he got pretty tired of it. He eventually started begging to go home. I'm beginning to think he's not really going to enjoy all the museums that we'll be going to over the next three years.
Holy Cow! That place is huge! Thanks for the pics!!! I love the travelogue!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
That place is massive! They must have had an incredible cleaning staff. :)
ReplyDeleteNot really old? 1700s?? Haha. I guess it's all a matter of perspective!