Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Normandy.


This is at the British museum and cemetery.  The whole trip JJ kept calling tanks "tractors" and we didn't correct him : )





This is the port city of Cherbourg.  Lots of history here and it had a nice little museum.


This museum is the original building that was used by Nazi paratroopers and was then seized and used as the 101st Airborne headquarters after the liberation of Carentan.


The museum had lots of guns and JJ loved pointing them all out to me.  I guess when you're in a war museum you have to expect to see guns.


This is the town that we stayed in, Bayeux.  It is a beautiful place to stay and the B & B we stayed at was very nice.


Ok, here's the final post from our Paris vacation, I promise : )  We've now been back from our vacation for over a week and we're finally getting back to "normal."  We had a great time and would love to go back someday, probably without kids.  We met lots of retired Americans in Normandy so that may be us someday.  This was our last big trip before the baby is born which means the next time we take a big trip we will have two kids with us.  Crazy!

3 comments:

  1. All your loyal readers are disappointed that this trip's pictures have come to an end. They've been inspiring and beautiful. I really liked the tractor thing. Shows JJ really paid attention in his tractor book to the fact that some tractors have big treads rather than tires. Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive pictures:
    Items in museums really did hold JJ's attention.
    Libby can still bend down for pictures at JJ's level.
    Area looks lovely.
    These towns are certainly older than the ones I am familiar with and I can't wait to see some of them.

    Thanks for the pics. Keep them coming as far as I am concerned.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely trip - some poignant pictures, too. Seeing these places makes history really come alive. I'd love to get to Normandy someday. Keep the pictures coming - please! The next several weeks will fly by, I think. Then life will change again. Love, FA

    ReplyDelete