Saturday, December 8, 2012

Potty Trained?!





My mom sent the boys their first matching outfits : )  I love it!



These pictures obviously don't have anything to do with the title of this post, but I thought they were just cute pictures.  So JJ is finally potty trained, more or less.  I realized a few weeks ago that he kept coming home from school with a dry pull-up and they never changed him, so I decided it was time to wear underwear.  Sure enough, he hasn't had an accident at school and his only "accidents" at home have been intentional, i.e. I'm feeding Owen and distracted and he tells me, "I'm peeing on the floor."  Nice.  Now, he's potty trained for pee, but pooping is a whole different story.  

For some reason he'd rather poop in his pants than in the toilet.  It's sooooo gross!  He either just goes in his pants or waits until nap time and goes in his pull-up, which he still wears to bed.  I won't tell you about how just now he started yelling during his nap that he'd pooped and I go upstairs to his room to find poop all over his bed.  I asked him what happened and he said he put his hand in it and then rubbed it all over the bed to get it off his hands.  I won't tell you about how there was sooooo much since he'd been holding it for days so that it was up his back because no pull-up could possibly hold that much poop.  I won't tell you about how disgusting it was because my mom hates poop talk and would be horrified if I posted about this online.

Instead, I'll tell you about Owen just rolled over a few days ago!  He had been "working" on it all day and then when JJ came home from school he was talking and Owen just rolled over to see him!  It was really cute.  He rolled from back to front and he hasn't done it since then though because he quickly figured out that if he does, then he's stuck on his stomach.  He has started scooting around a little on his back, so we'll see if he ever rolls again : )  There, mom.  Is that a better story than talking about poop?!  : )


2 comments: