Monday, July 29, 2013

Sicily, Part II.

One thing that Sicily definitely is not lacking in is cathedrals.  It seemed like there was truly one on every street.  We only went in a couple, but they were beautiful.






We ate at this amazing little Focacceria that was first opened in 1834.  I got so excited about the yummy food that we ended up ordering waaaay too much.


Poor Owen took a header in the hotel and got his first of many bruises to his forehead.



On our last day we decided to do something different and went to the catacombs.  Unfortunately you can't take pictures in the tombs or I could show you the once in a lifetime images that I now have in my brain.  It was an experience that I will never forget, but kind of wish that I could!  The catacombs contain approximately 8,000 mummies and some are very well preserved.  Some even still had hair!  JJ was running around laughing at all the skeletons.  Luckily he had no idea what he was truly looking at!  He still talks about the funny skeletons.  Hopefully he will forget the experience sooner than later!  

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Owen's forehead really did take a beating.

    The catacombs experience was definitely unique.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete