Friday, October 4, 2013

Cantina Del Vesuvio.

Last weekend we took a USO tour to a local winery and had a great time.  We got to help harvest the grapes, stomp the grapes, and then had an amazing lunch and drink some wine!  JJ had a great time collecting the grapes and kept running all over the vineyard.  The winery is fully organic and they do all the grape harvesting by hand.  I'm hoping they don't use the grapes that we stomped for next year's wine though!





The man in the white coat is the owner.  He was kind enough to come talk to us even though he is extremely busy right now during harvest.  This is a family owned business that's been making amazing wine and olive oil since 1951.






Here is their cellar.  They only sell wine from their store, not at stores or restaurants.  The wine was amazing and we got a lot to take home : )


2 comments:

  1. Lib - Those pictures look like you live in Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happy people with beautiful grapes and the finished product.............. Such good pictures. I love the ones with JJ picking, holding and stomping! I am not sure what Owen must have been thinking! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed some happenings --- wasn't paying attention. The USO trip looked like it was fun; Owen must have wondered what on earth was going on -- I'll bet he doesn't get to stomp grapes at home. And the Split Mountain - love those kinds of things to ponder. Pretty inspiring, to say the least. And, what a collection of cute pictures. And, what do they do with the grapes that tourists have stomped on? Have always wondered.

    ReplyDelete