Friday, June 11, 2010

Food update. . .



Snack Trap!



Chicken!







I think JJ's current favorite activity is feeding himself! After he's almost finished with dinner, I've been cutting up banana and letting him feed it to himself. As you can see by the video, he loves it! I also bought him a "Snack Trap" that if we let him, I think he would eat snacks out of it all day long. He definitely enjoys eating. Tonight was his first experience with eating meat. I used a recipe from a book that Krista let me borrow for blender baby food. It was chicken, avocado, and lime juice blended together and he ate about half a bowl of it. I don't know if he hated it, but he surely didn't love it. He started putting his fingers in his mouth, then rubbing it all over his head! We're going to try again tomorrow and see how it goes. Brian actually tried it and said it wasn't bad, but the texture was not good! I'm just scared that since he has loved fruits and vegetables for 9 months that I've created the worst thing. . . a vegetarian! That would be very disappointing!

My dad was in town yesterday and JJ loved having him here. They got to play together and JJ loved crawling all over him : ) Next week we head up to Washington for Katie's wedding, which will be lots of fun, especially so that all the other grandparents will get to see JJ too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, don't forget the great aunts and second cousins! FGA

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the snack trap! Yes, pureeing meats is pretty weird and gross, in my opinion. It's really hard to get the texture right. We bought baby food with chicken and turkey in it until Elijah was old enough to "gum" small cut up pieces of chicken. Earth's Best has good chicken and turkey "dinners." He loved small cut up pieces of chicken and cheese when he was first starting to eat those types of foods! JJ is doing really well feeding himself. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete