Oh, the Washington rain . . .
So we've finally made it home again. It was a great weekend up in Washington, but it's sooo nice to be home. Katie and Luke's wedding was beautiful and it was definitely a very busy weekend. So busy, that I only took four pictures, so I had to supplement this post with some pictures from today : )
JJ and I flew up to Washington late Wednesday night and he did pretty well on the plane. Some playing and some sleeping. The funniest part was probably when he dropped his pacifier right into the jacket pocket of the woman sleeping next to us! Luckily she woke up as I was getting it out of her pocket! Then on Thursday, we went down with my mom to see my grandma in Vancouver. It was a very quick trip since I needed to get back for Katie's last dress fitting with her, but we got to enjoy about an hour and a half visit. JJ seemed to like being in a new house where he was free to crawl all around and it only took him about 10 minutes to find the dog's water and food bowls and get himself into "trouble"! It was really great to see Nana and I think both she and JJ enjoyed the visit. Friday and Saturday were filled with lots of wedding events and Brian flew in late Friday night. I didn't really spend much time with JJ since I was involved with all the fun wedding events, but he seemed to love spending time with all his grandparents, aunts, and uncles. The wedding was very nice and JJ made it almost all the way through with only a little "talking." Since there was no time change involved, like the wedding in Boston, JJ didn't get to go to all the late night fun, but had to go back the hotel early for bed, but he didn't seem to mind : )
Yesterday, we got to spend the morning with my parents and help celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary! I've only been around for about half of those years, but the ones I've witnessed have been amazing and loving : ) Brian and JJ enjoyed their first Father's Day together and we got to go to lunch with all of Brian's family. It was really good to see everyone.
I really loved being with our family all weekend and every once in awhile get the urge to move back to Washington, but. . . what's with all the rain?!!?!? It pretty much rained all weekend! Today I got to wear flip flops and a short sleeve t-shirt again and JJ was in a sleeveless onsie outfit again! Finally, sunshine! Sorry family, no move for us in the near future. Plus, I could never leave Michael, Krista, and Tristan alone in SoCal : )
Even though it was great to be in Washington, I'm glad that we don't have any more big trips planned for the next few months. Our next trip up there will probably be in the fall to see my friend Tifani and Brian's sister Dana's new babies! I can't wait to see the beautiful boys (due in September and October) and have JJ literally walk all over them : )
Brian left this morning and will be gone all week, so it's just me, JJ, and the cats left to recuperate. After a weekend of much excitement, not surprisingly, it was really hard for JJ to go to bed tonight. He didn't really nap very well today, or "on schedule." When I tried to put him down tonight, he just kept crying and crying. He has a little bit of a stuffy nose, plus he seems to be teething his top teeth, so the cry was very sad : ( I tried many "book methods," rubbing his back, singing, letting him cry, but eventually, I just picked him up and rocked him. I know that some people think it's "bad" but I just wanted him to sleep! One exhausted parent, plus one exhausted child equals doing what works!
There is nothing "bad" about treating a baby with love. It was a terrific weekend for sure! Thanks for all the kind words.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
I'm with your mom about rocking JJ! Elijah has been going through some kind of almost-2-year-old separation anxiety lately, and I have been rocking him to sleep for the past few weeks! He stands up in his crib and sadly points over to the rocking chair and says, "Mommy, rock." How can I say no?! We've just gotta do what we've gotta do as parents sometimes. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad your trip was fun! I knew the weekend would be crazy so I didn't bother to call and bug you to come visit us. Hopefully we can still get down to visit you guys in July or August!
i love you my seester
ReplyDeleteYou and Brian are very good parents. The three of you make such a nice little family
ReplyDelete