Thursday, July 1, 2010

10 months!






Yummy pasta and cheese


My mom's in town this week to watch JJ since the woman that watches him is gone on vacation (I know, we're so nice to let her leave for the week). JJ has been his typical wonderful self for her : ) Monday, he napped for about 50 minutes total all day, then cried and screamed at her a lot of the day. The rest of the days since then have been a lot better. He's been napping well for her during the day, but been a horrible sleeper at night (which my mom has been sleeping through, apparently nighttime wasn't in the agreement for the week). Today, what I'm hoping is the culprit of the problems, made an appearance. . . a top front tooth! He now has 3 little teeth, it's so cute! I know it's incredibly wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that was the problem and maybe he'll sleep better tonight. One never knows though with him. I think he just really hates sleeping.

We went out to a nice dinner tonight at Chipotle and JJ got to order for the first time off the menu! He chose a cheese quesadilla, very San Diego of him : ) He ate the whole thing, except for about 1/32 of it that ended up on the ground. He really liked it. I'm guessing it's going to be a new staple in his vegetarian diet, although we plan on trying chicken again next week.

He also started opening cabinet doors and drawers this week. We had a "lock" on the cabinet that has the trash, but not on the other ones. It's been a challenge to get him to stay away from everything and he pinched his little fingers today in the drawer. Brian is currently putting more "locks" on all the doors so the kitchen should be much more enjoyable for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, another house with locks everywhere till the kids are 18! FGA

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just gets more adorable everytime I see his pictures and I miss him!!!! and of course you and Brian too:)

    ReplyDelete