
Our first CSA box and flowers JJ got me!
Brian's on duty tonight, so I let JJ pick out what he wanted to do after I got off work. To my surprise, he wanted to go to the Farmers Market! He said that since he's always eating fresh fruits and vegetables, he wants us to start eating more also. We had a nice time walking around and of course everyone loved him. I signed up for our local CSA program and will be picking up fresh, organic fruits and vegetables every week now. It won't be enough to feed him, but definitely enough for the adults : )
While we were there, a woman let her Beagle size dog jump all over him in the stroller. I was trying to get the dog down, but it's hard to protect your baby and wrangle someone else's dog. After what seemed like forever, the dog finally decided JJ wasn't going to share his snacks and he got down. The woman just laughed and said, "oh, you should have seen earlier when he went up some woman's dress." Now, I know I'm not a dog person, but come on! Don't let your dog up someone's dress and attack an unknown baby on the same night!
In case you're keeping track, yes, we had another earthquake this week. I think we'll be living on an island soon!
OK - You made me laugh out loud again. I think I would have send the dog flying!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that JJ has been reading the book I left at your house so he could advise you so well about the local produce!!!
Love, Mom
Lib, You are way calmer than I would have been - if the owner didn't get it away from JJ, the dog may have ended up in Arizona! (You can see your mother and I are of the same stock about such things!) What does CSA stand for? JJ is about to walk unless you tie him down! FGA
ReplyDeleteYay for CSA!! We have been participating in a program for all of a month now, and we love it. It's fun to try new fruits/veggies you would never pick out in the grocery store, and ours lets you make substitutions on a weekly basis, too, which is really helpful. I love JJ's "looks" in the stroller. Especially the scrunched-up face! So cute.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Please wear cleats next time you go to the Farmer's Market!