Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brian's Home. . .



The first thing JJ wanted Brian to do when he got home. . . read him his favorite book!


Playing Peek-a-Boo!



Read me a book please!



Book reading stance : )


Well, he's not home today because he's on duty, but Brian got home Thursday evening and had Friday off and got to spend all day with JJ. They both seemed to really enjoy being back together : ) JJ wanted him to keep reading his favorite little car and truck books and play with him all day. Just what Brian was hoping for : ) They're not scheduled to go on deployment now until mid-October, so we're all looking forward to a few great months together as a family.

JJ definitely is developing his own opinion these days. He has been showing his opinion by throwing himself on the floor and crying for a second. Luckily he gets over it fast, so I can't help but laugh at him! My mom calls them "snit fits" and says I shouldn't be surprised since he is my child! Today, I let him play outside for awhile before dinner. When I picked him up to bring him inside, he wanted to stay outside and play, so he yelled at me and then head butted me so hard I thought for a second that he'd broken my cheek bone! He now has opinions about what he eats, what we're playing, and mainly what book we read! He will hold a book in the air until you take it and read it to him, and then wants it read over and over again until he's done! I'm sure he'll just keep forming more and more opinions and get more vocal about what he wants. Fun times ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! Parent abuse at such a young age!

    Love the book stories! Great kid!

    Thanks for the cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are all glad to be back under one roof! The snit fits will be fun to deal with for awhile! Your grandma just called them 'having a snit' I believe! The book stories are great. Love, FGA/FA

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading these stories...gives me a lot to look forward to w/Michael...Miss you already...and Texas is really really hot these days.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete