




We (Brian's mom, JJ, and I) had a pretty packed weekend. We went to the park on Saturday and picked out the picnic area where we're going to have JJ's 1st Birthday party. Then we went out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I know, not very creative, but they bring a plate of bread and bananas for JJ as soon as you sit down. You can't beat that!
Then on Sunday, we went to the 30th Annual Sandcastle Open down in Imperial Beach, along with 350,000 other people! One upside of having a baby who wakes up early and takes a very short morning nap, beating the crowds. It was a lot of fun, but we were glad to leave just as the real crowds started to arrive. JJ seemed to enjoy himself, especially when we let him out of the stroller and he enjoyed eating some sand. Yum : ) I was reminded of how impossible it is to push a stroller on the beach and had flash backs of a few years ago when I went to the Sandcastle Open with Michael, Krista, and Tristan.
We've had a great time with Brian's mom here, but JJ has decided to wait and walk until Brian gets home. He'll take one step, then sit down and laugh. I keep threatening to start pushing him down if he takes more than a step. He only has a few more days to wait until he's free to do whatever he wants : )
Last night he was awake "screaming" and crying, with real tears, from about 10 pm until midnight. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I'm really hoping it's not going to be molars moving in. I hope it was just bad dreams/wanting to be in bed with me/missing Brian/afraid of the dark/just wanting to be awake. I had a very stern conversation with him though, so hopefully he won't do the same thing tonight!
I can just imagine how 'stern' you were! Not!
ReplyDeletehe's gonna fly any minute! Got the bell ready?
FGA