Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Washington!



Boys causing mischief!


Little baby Isaac


JJ and cousin Sawyer with Oma and Great Grandma



JJ's obviously a huge fan of Sawyer : )



JJ being a bad influence on his cousin. . .



Nana giving JJ a "nana"!!!




Katie and JJ playing a duet!


Katie NOT protecting JJ from her dog!



Katie showing off big Washington leaves : )




JJ trying to "ride" Katie's dog!



Great Aunt Rosalee teaching JJ about pine cones




JJ "walking" his penguin finally back at home

JJ and I went up to Washington for a long weekend this last week. The main purpose of the trip was to meet 2 new babies, but we also wanted to see friends and family. It was REALLY nice to be there and JJ and I both enjoyed it. We packed in lots of visits and were very busy.

Thursday - we went and met my friend Tifani's new baby, Isaac. He is very cute and such a "good" baby (not sure if there are any babies that aren't "good"!). He slept most of the time we were there, then ate a little, then was awake a little, then slept some more. I know JJ is only 14 months, but I truly can't remember him ever being that calm! Tifani has another son, Elijah, who turned 2 in September. JJ was playing with Elijah's toys which he didn't seem to appreciate, and they didn't seem to share very well until they both found something they weren't supposed to do. . . then they loved playing together and became the best of friends! Such typical boys : )

Later that day, we got to see Dana and Jon and meet JJ's new little cousin/my nephew, Sawyer! He is also very cute and a "good" baby! He also just sleeps, eats, and is then awake and happy. I don't think I ever heard him cry! Dana's dog seemed to love having JJ there and spilling snacks all over the ground for him to eat!

Thursday night - dinner out with Katie : ) I think this was maybe the 4th time I've left JJ at night and every time, grandparents have been babysitting him either while visiting here or when we're in Washington. I think I need to find some "stand in" grandparents that live in San Diego for babysitting!

Friday - we spent the whole day with Brian's family and JJ loved it and I think they did too : ) JJ helped to baby proof the house to get ready for when Sawyer is on the move. That night - dinner out with Katie and Dana. My mom took care of JJ and she said that she played the piano with JJ for about 40 minutes which is a long time in JJ's time! I unfortunately have no pictures of this since I wasn't there : (

Saturday - my mom, dad, JJ and I drove down to Vancouver to see Nana (JJ's great grandma). We also got to see the rest of my dad's family, including my cousin, his wife, and their 17 month old daughter. I don't really think of JJ as being that tall, but he was taller than his older cousin! They had a good time sharing snacks and toys.

Later that day, we went down to Portland to see our good friends Paul and Stacy. They just bought a new big beautiful house and JJ loved it. Since they just moved in, they don't have that much furniture or breakables yet, so he had free range to run around wherever he wanted.

Sunday - breakfast with Brian's family, lunch with friends and family, dinner with Great Aunt Rosalee, then on the plane home. Another great day of JJ entertaining everyone : )

All weekend, JJ was pretty fussy and didn't sleep very well even for his standards. I'm guessing the problem was. . . his fourth molar came through! The poor kid can't catch a break!

Now we're home and going to enjoy a few weeks of calm before the holidays, or as calm as it can get with JJ on the move ALL the time!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much you packed into the time you were here. Calling me Great Aunt really makes me sound like I'm in MY great aunt's generation! Am glad you got home OK and really glad to see you for the time I did. Jonathan is a ball of energy, for sure! He doesn't sleep because he's thinking of all the things he needs to get done when he's out of bed! Love, FA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Wow.. you REALLY packed in a lot during your visit. I am so glad you came to visit us! Elijah promises to work on sharing for the next time he sees JJ. He has asked if JJ is coming over to play at least six times since we saw you last week. He also keeps saying, "Have fun play with JJ." When Isaac is a little bigger, I am sure the boys will have lots of fun causing mischief together! Love you.

    ReplyDelete