Saturday, March 19, 2011

Busy, busy JJ. . .


Watching the bulldozer; he could have done this for hours!


Katie did his hair : )



First busted lip : (





JJ has been pretty busy the last few days. Katie and I took him to gymnastics for the first time on Thursday at the YMCA which was really fun. He did the obstacle course, the trampoline, the parachute, walked on the balance beam, and had a great time jumping into the foam pit. The first time he sat down on the big platform and scooted to the front and projected himself off, but the second time he stood up and jumped right in! One mom even commented that it took her daughter 4 months to do that! JJ was the youngest kid there, but almost the biggest. It really showed when they were supposed to be following directions, since JJ was the only kid not willing to sit on the line and didn't respond when asked his name. My mom and I decided that we should make him a shirt that says "I'm acting my age, not my size!" The woman that watches him while I'm in school will take him the next three weeks, so maybe he'll get better at following directions; or not : )

Today, JJ got one of his first injuries : ( He was playing outside right in front of our house and did a face plant into the sidewalk. He immediately started screaming and bleeding which I'm not sure if it scared me or him more. I was able to get the bleeding to stop with paper towels and ice, but he cried during dinner and started bleeding again, so really only had ice for dinner. It was his first busted lip, so I'm hoping that we haven't started a trend. When I was about his age, I used to break my lip open all the time, so it definitely runs in the family.

JJ is very adventurous, but mainly when people show him how to be! A few weeks ago when Michael and Krista were down here, their new little one showed him how to climb up onto our tall dining room chairs. Now he does it all the time which he hadn't even tried before his new cousin showed him how! This last week, Katie taught him how to go up the side ladder on the playground to get to the slide faster. It's so funny that he never tried it before, but now refuses to go the "long way" to the stairs! I'm hoping people will stop showing him ways to potentially injure himself!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe he is going up the ladder!!!

    Lips have a tough life in your family! At least they heal pretty quickly. He looks so sad in the towel.

    I love the Katie hair picture!!!

    Love, Mom and the Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busted lips are defintely a Cook thing! He looks so woe-begone in the towel. Come quick and give me a hug, Mom. He'll have lots to show/tell Brian, that's for sure. Take care, Love, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busted lips are no fun.. but it's probably the first of many with a busy boy! Isn't it great when other kids (or Katie's) show your kids ways to climb or otherwise be adventurous? It just goes to show how much our little ones learn by observation!

    ReplyDelete