Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cousins.






Meeting Uncle Brian for the first time!



Brian's sister Dana, her husband Jon, and their 7.5 month old son Sawyer came down from Washington for a few days and we had a great time. Sawyer is super cute and such a "good" baby (I still don't really understand why babies are called "good" or "bad" but he really is a "good" baby!)!

It was fun to watch JJ interact with his younger cousin and they did pretty well together with only 1 hitting incident (JJ hit Sawyer on the head with a toy when it was way past his nap time) and only a few melt-downs on each of their parts : ) Sawyer was watching JJ with the same excitement that JJ has towards Tristan, so that was really fun to see.

As JJ talks more and more it's interesting to hear how language develops. He puts together some phrases into one word, i.e. - "carryyou." I realized that I always put these words together when I talk to him, "Do you want me to carry you?" so now he thinks it's one word. He will look at you, put his hands up and say "carryyou." It's pretty funny. He also thinks "seeyoulater" is one word. I think Brian and I did the fake-out of pretending to leave JJ when we want to leave by saying, bye bye, see you later, since now JJ will start walking away from us and say the same thing; bye bye, seeyoulater! It's funny that as his language develops I learn more about my language!

1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture! Sawyer looks like he is really talking to whomever left him on the couch with this other kid!!! Say Hey!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete