Airplanes fly over our new favorite park all the time and every time JJ shrieks and screams "airplane"! It's like every time is the first time he's seeing one!
JJ's new table : )
Notice the shoe switch! Avery loves to trade shoes and JJ always loves to drive his dad nuts : ) Yep, he's wearing pink shoes!
We've had a great week with lots of fun and activity followed by a fun Saturday. Our friend Mary and her 14-month old came down from LA yesterday to spend the weekend which is always lots of fun. The boys did really well together with JJ only saying about a million times to Riley, "mine, mine, mine." I think Riley got the hint. Sharing isn't coming naturally to JJ. Also last night, we babysat JJ's girlfriend, Avery. We were still on a one-to-one adult to child ratio, so it actually went remarkably well. JJ and Avery always love playing together and it's so much fun to watch them start to play more together and not just "parallel play."
JJ's been fighting a cough for over a month now and he just can't seem to shake it. He's been sounding croupie again, so it may be getting worse. And after a fun week, it all came crashing down this afternoon : ( When we got home from church, JJ just kept crying and refused to eat anything for lunch. I knew that when he refused juice and wouldn't eat even one blueberry, he really wasn't feeling well, so I put him down for a nap. He ended up sleeping for about 3.5 hours which was also a tell-tale sign that he wasn't feeling well. He ended up having a really high fever when he woke up and sat with me most of the afternoon.
He had an hour surge of energy this evening followed by a refusal to eat dinner and just wanted to lay on my lap and cuddle while I ate dinner. Tonight he still had a fever and just wanted to read books and lay on my lap. As I sang to him and rocked him to sleep for the first time in who knows how long, I tried to remember rocking him as a newborn. It's crazy how time flies. In some ways it feels like it was just yesterday that he would let me rock him all the time, but it also feels like a lifetime ago!
We were supposed to go to a birthday party this afternoon, which we weren't able to do. I secretly feel guilty because I didn't really want to go. Brian is on duty today and I was going to have to small talk with Navy wives that I don't really know, so I wasn't looking forward to it. Maybe JJ and I are just so tuned in that he got sick so I could avoid the party!!! Hopefully he feels better soon since we already had to cancel one play date this upcoming week : (
Sharing is not coming naturally to JJ? Does it to any child? We hope he is feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteThat goose is taller than JJ!!! Yikes!
Love, Mom and the dad
What goose? Sorry for the cold junk hanging on, but maybe this was the worst and by morning things will be looking up. Is that an Italian chair and table? Love, FA/FGA
ReplyDelete