Monday, September 12, 2011

2nd Birthday Party.



The cake that Brian and I were able to decorate thanks to my dad watching JJ!




We had JJ's "whee-oo" party this last weekend and it was lots of fun. We only invited a few families, but the energy and noise level sure does multiply when there are lots of kids running around! JJ seemed to love being the center of attention and also took the whole "it's my party and I can cry/play/run/bite/laugh if I want to" very seriously!

He loved opening presents, bit Michael and Krista's little one so hard that it left a complete teeth impression in his leg, and ran around holding his hat in the air and screaming "whee-ooh party" thanks to Michael teaching him that (well, he looked at Michael like he was crazy when Michael did it, but then he wouldn't stop doing it.). He also ate a whole hot dog, a lot of fruit, lots of chips, a few juices, some cake, and lots of ice cream. It was a great day.

This morning when I dropped him off before work, one of the little girls that was at his party came out wearing a fireman hat that we gave out and JJ screamed "PARTY HAT!!!" Luckily I had one in the car so he could go in wearing a party hat too.

He loves all his new presents. He's already colored in all his new coloring books, read the new books, tried to do his new puzzle, played with the train set, screamed at the other kids (mainly Tristan) when they wanted to play with his new airplane, and wanted to bring his new Mr. Potato Head to bed with him. Tonight I had to compromise with him about the Mr. Potato Head and trade him for his shark to "cuddle with" in bed! I thought it would be really embarrassing if he choked on Mr. Potato Head's arm!

Thanks so much to everyone that came and made the day extra special for us. We love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Choking on Mr. Potato Head's arm could get you in the newspapers! The energy level must have been 100% plus - but he's two now. Can you believe it? Love, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time was had by all! Especially the new 2-year-old. :) Happy birthday, buddy! Great cake, mom and dad. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete