Thursday, May 24, 2012

Omaha Beach.












We drove out to Normandy for the last few days of our vacation and we're so glad that we did.  It was amazing to be able to see the main sites of the D-Day invasion.  We were able to spend a few hours at the American cemetery and monument.  This experience could have been very somber and extremely emotional, but we had JJ with us so it was a little hard to really soak in all the emotion.  JJ actually really enjoyed being there because there was lots of area to run around and he liked going down to the beach.  We tried to explain to him that almost 70 years ago the beach was a very different place, but I don't think he really got it.  We've decided that when he learns about the invasion in school in many years he'll be snobby and saying, "I've been there, I've walked on the beach, it's pretty neat."

1 comment:

  1. Pictures touch the heart - in more ways than one - happy and sad and reflective...

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete