Happy Father's Day!
Brian has been traveling and working A LOT over the past four months. In case you don't know, he works directly for The Admiral of Naval Forces Europe/Naval Forces Africa/Allied Joint Forces Command Naples. He travels around the world with him setting up their communications systems wherever they go. In the past few months he's been to Ramstein (Germany), Kosovo, Izmir (Turkey), Brussels, Madrid, DC, Seattle, Tampa, Lajes (Azore Islands), Djibouti (Africa), and Souda Bay Crete (Greece). He flies around with the admiral on a private jet and gets to stay in amazing hotels. Although he's been working a ton while traveling, he's been able to enjoy some of the places that they've been for at least a few hours of free time. We are very proud of him for all the hard work he's doing and I only get a little jealous of some of the places he gets to go!
Since he's been traveling so much, his request for Father's Day weekend was to stay home and relax, so that's exactly what we did. Here's what we did today -
JJ woke up nice and early, Brian got up with him and let me sleep for another hour
Went to church
Came home and ate lunch (Brian made himself and JJ grilled cheese sandwiches!)
JJ and I took a nap while Brian played video games
Went in the pool at our house
Brian cleaned my bathroom
Brian vacuumed
Brian made dinner (I tried, but he insisted, so who am I to argue with him when he really wants to cook!)
I cleaned the kitchen while Brian gave JJ a bath
Brian put JJ down for bed
Brian is now currently drinking a large German beer and playing video games again
I know, it might look like it wasn't a very special day for him, but we all had a great day : )

Sounds like a great day - read the Sprinkles' story - how cute. Joy, Krista and I had a good time comparing notes and seeing what other people wrote -- it was a really cute idea. I'm so proud to provide the most creative answer; I'll treasure the award forever. Good lands, I didn't know Brian had been to all those places -- his commutes are better than most people I know! Love, FA
ReplyDeleteGREAT pictures! I love the one where Brian is getting kicked/splashed in the face. Your day sounded stress-free - a perfect Father's Day for Brian!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom