JJ loves to type on the computer and Brian's convinced that he's writing top secret code.
First, I'd like to sincerely apologize for yesterday's post. I wrote it right after JJ's pooping "incident," when I was upset and frustrated. I was going to delete it, but Brian said to leave it because it was honest and shows what we're going through right now. So, I'm very sorry for the severe over share : )
So moving on, these pictures aren't really representative of JJ's attitude these days. Everyone talks about the "terrible twos" and really, JJ wasn't too bad. Yes, he had the tantrums and sometimes wouldn't listen, but looking back, he definitely was not a terrible two-year-old. This three-year-old stage though is driving me and Brian a little crazy! He's extremely demanding and wants to do EVERYTHING by himself. I get screamed at by him multiple times a day, "I can do it by myself"! Now that he pees in the potty, he won't let us in the bathroom when he goes to the bathroom. He always wants to put on his clothes himself, even if it's on backwards. He wants to get his own food out of the pantry. His teacher told me that he wouldn't let her help him with scissors because he said he could do it himself because, "that's what big boys do" which is pretty much his mantra these days. He's always saying, "this is what big boys do." I guess he's just trying to prove that he's not a baby, but it gets pretty exhausting.
This morning, JJ woke up and wanted to go downstairs at 6:04 am, which Brian and I thought was waaaay too early. Brian told him this and JJ yelled at him and said, "you're not my friend" which is also one of his favorite sayings these days when he doesn't like what you tell him. Later, Brian was deemed JJ's friend again, but I wasn't because I told him he couldn't open the car door while we were driving down the freeway.
We definitely have a very stubborn and spirited kid on our hands. We can't wait for him to grow out of this phase of yelling at us and demanding things, if he ever does! I tell Owen a lot, "listen to your brother, this is how you will not talk to me when you're three"!
Oh Lib...........typical behavior should be reassuring, but it can be so trying! Keep the vacuuming pictures so that you can show him when he is 14 that he really is capable of helping around the house!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Daddy and the boys - nice picture. I second the thought about keeping the vacuuming picture - your cousin went through a rather elongated phase that I finally told him that he thought 'work' was a dirty, four letter word! He certainly disproves that now, so there is lots of light at the end of the tunnel. Love, FA
ReplyDelete