Sunday, April 7, 2013

Innsbruck, Austria.


Our first stop in Innsbruck was the Alpenzoo which was full of animals that live in the Alps.  It was probably 1/100 the size of the "World Famous San Diego Zoo"!!  JJ enjoyed it though and didn't complain that it was so small.


JJ wanted to rush through the whole zoo to get to the bears.  When we found them though, he was a little scared that the glass barrier wasn't safe enough.  Luckily we all survived : )


Look Grandpa, a moose!



After the zoo, we headed over to Alstadt von Innsbruck.  It was a really nice little town and we ate some good food, shopped a little, ate some really good chocolate, then headed back to Germany.


There was a huge 3-story Swarovski exhibit and store that we didn't get to go in due to fear of JJ touching something!



One of the weird parts about traveling through Europe by car is that sometimes you can't tell what country you're in!  Since almost all the countries over here are part of the EU, there are no "real" border crossings.  We literally had to consult with the GPS sometimes to confirm what country we were in!  Definitely different that the borders in the US.

2 comments:

  1. JJ, you get a quarter! That's what I always promised your mother if she saw a moose in Glacier Park. Of course this one isn't exactly wild, but I'm not picky. I am glad Innsbruck isn't on our itinerary. Even for a moose, it's not worth losing Joy in the Swarovski store for the rest of the trip.
    Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Joy - where's the Swarovski store? Did you visit any crystal shops - they will blow your mind, also. Is the big Innsbruck egg chocolate? I still can't imagine going on a trip to the Alps in the wintertime! Love, FA

    ReplyDelete