Thursday, May 23, 2013

Growing.


We started letting Owen feed himself snacks from a little snack cup that was JJ's.  He loves it!







Owen had his 9 month check-up this week and he's doing really well.  The doctor said he's "boring," which is always good : )  Here are his current stats - 

Weight - 19.5 pounds, 31st percentile
Height - 28.5 inches, 58th percentile
Head - 47.5 centimeters, 93rd percentile

Now, I know it's not good to compare your kids, but here were JJ's stats at 9 months - 
Weight - 20 pounds, 39th percentile
Height - 30 inches, 93rd percentile
Head - 47 centimeters, 90th percentile

As you can see, Owen has slowed down in his growth and will take a lot to catch back up to his brother.  At this point, I think JJ will always be a lot bigger than Owen is, but at least they will both have huge heads!

I know I shouldn't jinx myself, but I'm going to say that Owen now sleeps through the night!  For more than a week now he has slept from 7 pm until about 5 am, I then feed him and he goes back to sleep until about 6:30 or 7 am.  It's pretty amazing!  Now JJ on the other hand, still doesn't sleep through the night.  

A few months ago JJ finally started staying in his own bed all night, which a good step, but he still wakes up at least once a night almost every night.  He'll wake up crying because he's cold, or can't breath due to his horrible allergies (he's currently been snoring as loud as my dad!), or he gets a bloody nose, or he's just crying.  We don't know what will ever fix his sleeping issues, hopefully he sleeps all night by the time he goes to college because I don't think his roommate will enjoy having to put him back to sleep all the time!  One culprit lately might also be his growth spurt.  He got measured today and he has gained 2 pounds and grown an inch-and-a-half in the last 3 months!  He is currently taller than the average 5-year-old!!  Hopefully we'll get to move back to San Diego in a few years so that we can get him started in beach volleyball : )

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! And I loved the comments about size and sleeping. When we're there, the combo of JJ and I snoring could rock the house.

    So, did you slip in another picture of JJ near Owen's age, for a comparison with that snack cup? Really cute, and they're hard to tell apart. :-)

    Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! You get the best expressions on Owen's face...happy, sad, "little old man with no teeth," etc., etc. Fun!

    Love, Monm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked at this again....those eyes are just plain impish! and, he's so sad in the last one! Mama, I want some lovin.'

    ReplyDelete