He loves walking around in his new reindeer slippers (his first advent gift of the month)!
The only Christmas decoration I would let JJ play with. . . until he tried eating the bells off of it; then he got really mad when I took it away!
New penguin cup : )
So I wasn't going to post today, but decided that writing might make me feel better and get into perspective, and it already has : ) JJ is now 15 months and my mom has always said, don't say "terrible two's" because then they'll live up to your pre-conceived notions, but. . . JJ has been pretty CRAZY lately and he's not even two yet!!!
We had a VERY hard time tonight from about 5:30 pm until 7:15 pm. Starting at 5:30, I/we started decorating for Christmas. For some reason, JJ didn't think it was that fun to watch me put out little trinkets that he wasn't allowed to play with! He especially was mad when I wouldn't let him play with the sheep in the Nativity set. I think I said, "that's not a toy" about 3 million times!!!
Then while I was making dinner, he wouldn't let me put him down because he wanted to see what I was doing. When I set him down, he would just stand there and cry and scream at me. At one point, I finally put him down and he went the cupboard that's "his" and found a plastic spoon which then he used to reach up onto the stove and tried to "help" me stir the tortellini! After snapping at him, we both ended up in tears : (
During dinner, he only wants to feed himself now. We both end up frustrated and tonight when he flung marinara sauce on me, we both ended up in tears again!!!
Luckily we ended the night both in a good mood reading on the couch with JJ being shirtless since it had to be taken off immediately after dinner since it was covered in food! I guess he's just "typical" but the ups and downs are sometimes hard to deal with by myself : (

Darling boy. Darling slippers. Darling new cup. Darling personality. Darling mother. Let that be your mantra :-) Every day is a new adventure. Thanks for the pics. Hang in there!
ReplyDeletehaha- apparently we should have talked longer but we were having those moments with Tristan when you called!
ReplyDeleteThe penguin cup is great! I'm putting that on my Christmas list---I'm sure Starbucks baristas would be happy to put coffee in it.
ReplyDeleteThese "moments," which are often a whole lot longer than moments, are sort of like golf. Lots of frustration, and then a glimmer of what it's all about that brings you back for more. Of course in the parenting situation, it's for always, you don't get to "come back," but I thought it was an interesting analogy anyway. :-)
I love you and youre amazing
ReplyDelete