Wednesday, February 2, 2011

17 Months, Yesterday. . .









JJ is now 17 months old. He hasn't changed much in the last month, just lots more words and tantrums! He definitely thinks I should understand more than I do when he "talks" to me. I feel bad since he seems to get frustrated when I don't understand, but every day I understand more and more of his "words."

One new development was that last night he slept through the night! It was probably the second time in his life! He only woke up a few times crying/screaming but went back to sleep after only a few minutes and never sat or stood up and went back to sleep on his own. He finally "really" woke up at 5:15 am and unfortunately since he had slept so well all night, he decided that that was the time to get up for the day!!! I convinced him into cuddling with me for about an hour, but he/we never fell back asleep. If this is what sleeping through the night means, then I don't want it! I would rather get up 1 or 2 times during the night and sleep in until the alarm goes off!

JJ amazes me all the time at how much he understands and remembers. This morning I had the news on and they were showing the USS Reagan leaving for deployment with all the sailors manning their posts. JJ pointed at the TV all excited and yelling "dadda, dadda, dadda"!!! I, of course, immediately started crying and telling JJ that no, that wasn't him, but would be in a few months.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of him holding the sign in front of his face! Very funny! "Dadda" story is wonderful!

    Thanks.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 months - practically ready for kindergarten, I'm sure! Waking up early is no picnic, but hopefully the sleeping hours will get longer. Love the Dadda story! Love, FA

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud of you Libby....You are a great source of strength and support for your son and your husband! Go Navy! We miss you...oh, and Dallas is covered in snow and ice...I miss San Diego!

    ReplyDelete