New sunglasses : )
JJ and I are slowly but surely getting better. This week JJ's sleeping was a little better than last week, so that's at least a step in the right direction. I know he's still not feeling back to 100 percent though since last night he sat on the couch with me and played with his Little People Noah's Ark for almost 20 minutes. This "playing" consisted of him pulling all the animals out of the ark, then saying "momma, momma, momma" until I would put the animals back in, just to start the process all over again! What a great game : )
So JJ has been up to some fun new antics lately. A few days ago, I was getting dinner out of the freezer and while I was looking for what to eat, he started playing with a monkey that appeared to be frozen! Sure enough, he had pulled it out of the freezer. I have no idea how long it was in there! Then, as I started to close the freezer, he started yelling, "pappca" at me (aka pacifier). I looked in the freezer, but couldn't find the pacifier that he'd thrown in there. Since I couldn't find it and refuse to unload the whole freezer to find it, I guess we'll just find a frozen pacifier surprise one day : )
The last few days, JJ has been putting me back on my toes. I had baby-proofed the house for "Crawling JJ" and then for "Walking JJ," but now he's turning into climbing and "Have to be Higher JJ"!!! I was NOT prepared for this! A couple days ago I walked into the bathroom and found him standing on my laundry basket and playing in the sink. Then today, he was in the living room climbing from on top of his Duplo set to the side table, to the couch! Not sure why he now can't just get up on the couch like normal, but maybe the first time he falls he'll learn to go up the "normal" way again!!!
I've been having some parenting problems lately with him. He has been really good about not doing the "bad" things like running out into the street, touching the TV, going down the stairs by himself, etc. However, I don't know how to stop him from doing the annoying things like flailing his legs while he's on the changing table, drinking the bath water, pulling things off the counter, and putting things into the diaper pale. Most of the time, he does these things when I'm doing something that takes some attention away from him. Last night, when Brian called, JJ pulled a bag of avocados off the counter and started eating them. On Monday, when Katie called, he put his pacifier into the diaper pale, then started yelling and "telling" me about it! Soooo gross!!! I feel like these aren't punishable offenses, so I guess the repeated "no, no, no, please stop, stop it, please stop" will just continue on until I can pay 100 percent of my attention to him at every second we're together!
haha- i caught C putting shoes in the diaper pail yesterday. there's no telling what we are going to end up throwing out with the diapers.
ReplyDeleteReally cute boy with sunglasses! Lookin' good like a San Diego dude! All of the annoying stuff he's doing - he's doing a masterful job of testing you. And, it's really hard to maintain your cool with that kind of stuff, too! Every mother goes through it --like that's any consolation!! Love, Rosalee
ReplyDeleteLib - He just wants to be king of his castle. You are being a little difficult in standing in his way - and thank heavens you are!!! Good job. He is just way too cute!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom