Some sunglasses he stole from a little girl : )
JJ and I are glad to be done with a rough week. We were both sick and are slowly getting better. Thursday night I was awoken to a horrible noise coming through the baby monitor. . . a barking seal! If anyone has heard this noise coming from a child before, they know what I'm talking about. I totally freaked out and JJ and I were up crying and coughing from about 12 am until 2:30 am. In the morning, I took him to the doctor and the doctor said he has a cold (I could have told him that) and croup. This is JJ's first time having croup, so it really scared me. He is getting a lot better though, which is good. I think we've gone through about 4 boxes of Kleenex this week! It's been really hard taking care of sick JJ and being sick myself, but we're pushing through.
This weekend, we went up to LA for Tristan's birthday party. Although we both aren't back to 100 percent yet, we couldn't miss a good party! It was an extra special weekend because we got to meet Michael and Krista's new foster son. He and JJ got along really well and it's so fun to have another boy in the family : )
JJ slept the whole way home from LA today, so he got a nice nap, but I was really tired when we got home. Luckily I got him to sit on the couch with me for about 1/2 an hour and watch the movie Babies with me, I thought it was a good pick on my part : )
Tonight he was really cranky and didn't even enjoy his bath, which is normally a huge hit. I finally got him calmed down to go to sleep, but as I was sneaking out of his room I got a text message and then kicked one of his musical toys! Disaster! I then had to go back and start all over and rock him to sleep, which I hadn't done in probably a year, but I'm being nice since he's sick. I can now hear him coughing already, so it might be another long night : (

I am so sorry that you've been sick and yes, those 'barking seal' coughs are the worst! Am glad that you're be ginning to feel better and I hope sleep is non-stop tonight for you both.
ReplyDeleteThe sunglasses made him look like a real California dude! Love, FA/FGA p.s. You do know, I hope, that if you get to Italy for awhile that we'll all come see you!
The sun at the party made me envious! Glad you are felling better. Hang in there...
ReplyDeleteI hope you are both feeling better today Libby! :)
ReplyDeleteOur prayers for both of you to feel much better this week. Loved the golfing picture. And all those "who, me?" impish looks you captured. About that text message, oops, wonder where that came from?
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day.