I've had the last few days off of school, so JJ and I have been hanging out, which has been a lot of fun! On Thursday, he still went to his daycare so that I could get a bunch of errands done before Brian gets home, including getting a pedicure. I hadn't gotten a pedicure in almost a year and JJ thought it was hilarious. He kept looking at and touching my toes and saying "ewww." He then laid down and kept touching them and then leaned forward and licked my toes!!!! It was so gross!!! I'm afraid he might have a foot fetish! (Janessa, I thought of you when this happened!)
On Friday, we always go to the Farmer's Market and then over to Target since they're in the same parking lot and I seem to always need something there. This week, I didn't though and JJ freaked out in the parking lot that we were just going home and not to the store, so I decided to walk around just to make him happy. The minute we walked in the store, JJ said "home." I swear we don't go there that much!!!! Apparently he doesn't understand what that word means : )
Easter. . . what's there to say. . . we're all still alive and that's the important thing!!!!!! Krista, Michael and the boys came down on Saturday to celebrate with us. On Sunday, we got up, went to church in the morning, came home and opened Easter baskets, then the two younger boys each took an hour nap which was not even close to being long enough! We added some more adults and JJ's girlfriend Avery for dinner and an egg hunt, so we had a full house. It was a very crazy night. By the time dinner was over, the kids had thrown all the pillows off the couch and were running up and down the couch and jumping off onto the pillows. The kids seemed to have a great time with only some tantrums, crying, yelling, hitting, running, and luckily lots of laughing. We were all exhausted by the end of the night and I'm pretty sure if anyone had set up a hidden camera, they would never have children!!!
Krista and the boys stayed down here to keep me company until Brian gets home, which is great. Today, we took the boys to the Wild Animal Park. They currently have a butterfly exhibit that was pretty neat and 2 butterflies landed on JJ's head! We had a good time, but we did learn one pretty valuable lesson. . . taking two active toddlers and a 4-year-old on a 25 minute confined Safari ride during nap time will result in lots of screaming and kicking! Once again, none of the boys took the needed nap, so it looks like it will be another long night. Right at this second, Tristan is just talking and playing, the little one is wandering around crying, and JJ is sitting on my lap just staring at them since he's so exhausted!!! Lots of fun!
PS - Brian comes home in about 48 hours!!! YAY!!!!!!
That was way more energy going on that where I was...in Ballard with Val. He didn't do much pillow throwing or screaming! It won't be long now til The Boy is home -- I'm thinking about you! Love, Rosalee
ReplyDeleteI love the egg hunting pictures...and the one sitting in the Lego container. Your description of Easter was hilarious. Sounds like a great time was had by all.
ReplyDelete44 hours now.
Love, Mom