Saturday, April 2, 2011

19 Months, 1 Day. . .









New video from Brian, JJ had to show him his new train : )


This past week has been a pretty eventful one. . . He got three new teeth, with a fourth about to pop through probably tonight. He also started sleeping through the night!!! It's been three nights straight, so I'm probably jinxing it to be typing this, but these last three nights have been amazing! He has woken up a few times every night, but I've let him cry for a couple minutes and he will put himself back to sleep, so I haven't had to go upstairs and get him until about 6 am. I never knew how happy I'd be "sleeping in" until 6 am! So I'm thinking that all the sleep problems could be related to him being a horrible teether, so maybe that now he's done until his 2-year molars, maybe he will really start sleeping through the night every night. It's a mystery, but time will tell : )

JJ's obsession with trains keeps growing stronger every day. I had a Brio set that I never played with as a kid and Tristan has been playing with it for the last few years. Last weekend, he generously gave it to JJ to enjoy (well, actually he started crying and screaming when he saw Krista giving it to me, but I'll say he was sharing!). It is now his favorite thing to do! He will actually sit and play with it for a long time, which is great. I must admit, I'm pretty good at building a circular track, so it's a fun activity to enjoy together : ) The only problem happens when the track comes apart and JJ starts screaming at me, but it's extremely easy to put back together, so it's an easy fix and I am the hero!

Brian sent a new video that we got in the mail today. It made me cry, of course, which JJ thought was funny. He's so sweet : ) He did give me a hug too, so that was nice. We've had a countdown for Brian to come home since the day he left, and unfortunately the date keeps getting pushed farther and farther back : ( He'll hopefully be home now at the end of April. Luckily JJ doesn't understand time, but we all really want him home : (

1 comment:

  1. What a growing-up little guy you have! Cute as a button, I say. I never thought I would ever hear you say you were glad to be able to sleep until 6 am! I know what you mean - kids put a whole new perspective on things. I'm sorry the Navy is so unpredictable right now - I know how anxious you must be to get Brian home. Love, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete