JJ and I had a rough, but good weekend. JJ is definitely more calculated now in showing me when he's upset. Tonight, I made dinner and when we sat down to eat, he refused to even take a single bite! I guess it was partially my fault since I let him eat almost a whole "sleeve" of Ritz crackers and 3 glasses of milk before dinner, but I was really irritated. Since he wouldn't eat, he didn't want to sit in his chair, but wanted me to let him sit on my lap. I explained to him that if he wasn't going to eat, then he couldn't sit on my lap while I ate. This did not go over well! After some screaming at me, he went over to the book shelf and slowly pulled down every book and threw it on the ground. Not a big deal, but I had just put them all back on the shelf about an hour prior to that! I think he was definitely trying to get my attention and make me mad! Being the bigger person, I ignored him and he finally stopped and started reading a book : )
Tonight at bedtime, we both ended up having a meltdown. JJ has a book that Brian recorded his voice reading and he loves it. He was "reading" it tonight, but kept pushing the record button, so Brian's voice would stop. JJ was getting really mad at it, so I sat down with him and helped him so that we could hear Brian read the whole book. It was right before bed, so I told him we could read it twice, then it was time for a bath and bed. After the second time through, I put the book down and JJ got really mad. He kept crying and rolling around on the ground crying, "Dadda, Dadda, I want Dadda, I want Dadda, Dadda." This made me start crying and saying, "I want Dadda too, JJ." When JJ saw me crying, he got up off the ground, stopped crying, and went upstairs to get ready for his bath. Maybe I should cry every time he has a tantrum!
Once JJ was finally in bed tonight, I felt completely exhausted. With finding out Brian's not coming home on time and with being home with JJ alone ALL weekend, it was really tiring! If JJ and I both end up alive by the time Brian gets home, it's going to be a miracle!
Oh, Lib, I am so sorry Brian doesn't get home when you thought -- it's got to be tough!
ReplyDeleteJJ is such a cute little boy and growing so fast and one of these days this will all be behind you. You'll even laugh at all the books being pulled down for the second time in an hour! Hang in there, my dear! Love, Rosalee
Lib - I think JJ has hit the "twos" in record time.
ReplyDeleteThe videos are great. I love how he wanted you to pick up the train, but when you said he could do it - he did. Also, walking up the slide already - good grief.
Hang in there! Study hard and the month will go fast - or not.
Love, Mom and the Dad
Hi Libby.... I haven't been on here in months. JJ is getting so big. I tried to call you a couple times, but it goes straight to some recording not allowing me to leave a message. Hope all is well
ReplyDelete