Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekend With Daddy


Me and the "girls" in Chicago : )






Last weekend was VERY eventful for our family. I was away from JJ for the first time for longer than 10 hours and Brian was home alone all weekend with JJ for the first time. I get together with my college girlfriends at least once a year and this year we got together for the weekend in Chicago. It was hard to be away from JJ, but was really great to be with my girlfriends : )

Brian drove over to Palm Desert to see his mom and grandma who were in town staying at a timeshare. They went over Friday morning and came back Saturday morning, but they got a lot in. They hung out in the pool and went to the Children's Museum and I heard that they all had a great time! Brian's mom got JJ a Cars outfit and backpack which he absolutely loves. Today he cried and begged me to wear the shirt and started screaming and crying when I tried to take it off of him before bed. Needless to say, he's sleeping in the shirt. I explained that he can't wear it again tomorrow but I don't think that he agrees with my decision. We'll see who wins!

We all survived the weekend and Brian said about a million times that it was hard and couldn't believe I cared for JJ by myself for over 6 months. I think that he now has a better appreciation for the long 6.5 months that we were "alone."

PS - 21 months pictures to be posted tomorrow. . .

1 comment: