JJ went to preschool this week! We've/I've been looking for a good preschool pretty much ever since we got here. We've visited a few schools, but were debating when to enroll him and what kind of a school to send him to, i.e. Italian, American, or bilingual. Most Italians seem to send their kids to school starting around the age of three full time. I knew that JJ didn't already need to be in school 5 days a week already, so we were trying to find a good part-time program. I found a school that a lot of people from the military here send their kids to and they all love it. The teachers speak Italian only during class, even though one of them speaks fluent English, but half the class is American kids. The school offers a free trial week, so we decided to take advantage of that and see if it's a good fit.
Well, JJ seemed to love it! The first day he was only supposed to be there for a few hours, but the director of the school called me and said JJ was doing great and they would like him to stay a little longer! The next few days he stayed for full days and did really well. There was never a morning that he didn't want to go. The only "fights" that we got in were trying to get his shoes on in the morning, which I think will be a battle for the next 10 years, and one morning he really wanted to wear his pajamas to school! He was standing at the door with his backpack on yelling at me, "Ready to go to school" and fought me when I said that he had to change into "real" clothes first! I'm meeting with the director next Tuesday to discuss enrollment options. They've already told me that he seems to fit in really well and he was acting like he'd been there for weeks or months, not days. Looks like he'll be learning Italian! Brian and I should too then : )
Ok, this picture has nothing to do with preschool, but I thought it was cute : ) Brian is gone again this week, so I find myself eating dinner by myself again every night. Last night, JJ decided to sit and "read" while I was eating dinner. I guess that's not such a horrible alternative : )


JJ looks so "grown up" with his backpack and being ready for school. We are glad that he got along so well - but we were also sure he would!!! He is definitely ready for whatever you decide. Cute pics. Love the reading one, too.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Oh My, pre-school - he looks so grown up and ready to go. So good to know that he is doing so well and I would have thought he would do well. Another chapter begins, for sure. The reading picture is a delight! Love, Rosalee
ReplyDeleteI just looked at these pictures again -- he is so cute and down right impishness personified! Love, FA
ReplyDelete