Sunday, April 14, 2013

8 Months Old and On the Move.













Owen is now 8 months old and loves to crawl around.  He's doing a 3-legged crawl, but if he sees one of JJ's toys he can move really fast to go get it!  Owen seems to really like to be able to move around on his own, but JJ isn't such a fan.  I had to have "the talk" with him and explain that if he truly doesn't want Owen touching one of his toys then he can either play with it in his room by himself or wait until Owen is napping.  JJ, of course, chooses to wait until Owen is napping to play with most of his toys now.  I can definitely foresee lots of refereeing on my part in the future when it comes to touching each others stuff.

JJ still makes Owen laugh all the time and plays with him, but I think he misses the newborn stage.  We met our new neighbors today and they were holding Owen and being really sweet with him, which apparently sent JJ the wrong message.  When we got home, JJ said "after we give Owen to the neighbors we can get a new baby."  I explained that Owen wasn't going anywhere and luckily JJ agreed that it was ok if he stayed with us!  

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, JJ is creative, but watch it - if Owen is missing, check the neighbors! It made me laugh out loud. Cute, cute pictures. You've got a walker pretty soon, also. Then you will really have fun. Love, FA

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Owen gets that other knee own, watch out! He will move faster than you can catch him! I love the neighbors story. Made me giggle.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete