Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day


Two teeth!!!







We are just finishing up a wonderful long weekend. We ran errands on Saturday, getting ready to leave for Boston on Wednesday. Then Brian was on duty on Sunday and JJ and I ran some more errands. On Sunday evening, we got to Skype with my parents and while we were doing this, JJ decided to practice his "trust fall." He did this without consulting me first, but luckily I was ready! He was just standing at the couch, then would fall back into my arms. I guess I should feel good that he trusts me that much to just let himself go, but hopefully he doesn't trust his toys or the cats that much too!
Today was the best part of the weekend. We drove up to Laguna Beach and met Krista and Tristan for an afternoon in the sunshine (don't be fooled by JJ's long sleeves, it was warm, but JJ's fair skin needs the protection!). We had lunch, then ice cream, then enjoyed some time on the beach. It was really fun and JJ lasted a pretty long time before eating the rocks! The boys celebrated Memorial Day by playing with Army men! Tristan brought some along and JJ, of course, just had to chew on one. Tristan asked very politely a few times for JJ to stop, saying, "I don't want JJ to chew on my Army man anymore." I'm sure Tristan is really looking forward to JJ's teething period to be over! It was a great weekend, and as you can see by the last picture, it wiped JJ out! He fell asleep on the way home before the engine was even on and didn't wake up until we parked at home. I hope everyone had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics. Great teeth. Nummy rocks! Glad everyone is feeling better to enjoy time at the beach!

    Love, Mom and the Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We DID have a good day, today! Am sure your folks will tell you about the movies we saw - both really good and very different from each other! I feel like should be asleep in my 'car seat' too! Love, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete