Sunday, February 6, 2011

A MUCH better weekend!


Giving Ashley a hug before we left : )








Enjoying the cookie I bribed him with to get him to go inside!


I guess I could have turned his chair. . .

So the JJ and I of this weekend were very different than JJ and I of last weekend. We actually had a really nice weekend with just the right amount of activity : )

Friday - I picked him up and we stopped by the Farmers Market and he did really well with only one attempt to escape in the parking lot. Then that night, we went out to dinner with our friends Erin and Andy and JJ's girlfriend, Avery. We went to this great Mexican restaurant that serves amazing free cheese sauce with the chips and salsa. JJ started by dipping his fingers in it, then chips, then crayons! Yep, he would take a crayon, dip it in the sauce and then lick it off! It probably wasn't the most sanitary thing, but we're just helping to build his immune system : ) It was a really good dinner and both the kids did great.

Saturday - We ran some errands in the morning, then JJ took a 2.5 hour nap!!! I was able to get lots of homework done, so it worked out really nicely. After that, we went up to our friends Chris and Renee's house to visit JJ's other girlfriend, Ashley. There were a couple other little boys to play with for awhile too, so all the kids had a great time (JJ was in pajamas right before we left since we stayed late, no, he didn't wear them the whole time we were there). He burned off a lot of energy, but apparently not enough since he slept horribly last night, but that's not a new occurrence.

Today - We went to church this morning, then JJ took a 2 hour nap! Once again, it was great and I was able to get lots more homework done. After his nap we went for a nice long walk and then he played outside on the playground for a long time. I finally had to bribe him with the promise of a cookie (they are Swedish ginger cookies that Brian sent to me and we both love) to get him to go back inside.

All-in-all, it was a great weekend. I think we're both getting adjusted to me being in school long hours and him playing with other kids all day long. Next weekend we head up to LA for Tristan's 4th Birthday party, so we're both looking forward to that : )

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post this is - these pictures are precious. Love the one through the hole and the serious one where he's standing underneath something. Cute little guy! Much love, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lib - Great pictures. Thank you for the peeking one that I can put on the refrigerator next to the same shot as Tristan's. They are both so cute!!! I am do glad you had a better weekend.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete