JJ and I drove up and met Krista, Tristan, and Colton this afternoon in Laguna Beach. It was a little overcast, which was kind of nice because it wasn't too hot. We had done this about a year ago, but it was definitely a different experience this time! Last year, JJ wasn't walking yet, Brian was there, and Michael and Krista only had 1 child. Last year, both JJ and I both got to sleep on the way home! This year, adding a child and subtracting a parent made a HUGE difference and I was exhausted when I got home!!! Krista and I were soooo outnumbered!!! It was hard to keep track of the three of them and going out to dinner was a nightmare! The three of them kept us very busy and on our toes. I think if someone was keeping score for the day though, it would have ended at Kids: 55, Moms: 7!!!!!!
This is the first time that JJ has been to the beach in awhile and it was pretty fun to watch. He would back away from the waves and just watch the other kids. He was doing pretty well until he miscalculated a wave and it got up to almost his waist which almost knocked him over, I got him, but he was very upset about it. After that, he found an "ocean puddle" that he was more comfortable playing in : )
Tonight as I was driving home and wishing Brian was there, I heard "kissing noises" coming from JJ. I looked back and he was kissing his dirty, gross, sand covered feet! It was so gross, but made me laugh so then he started laughing and kept doing it! Oh, boys : )
It was a GREAT weekend and only one more to go until Brian gets home!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
P.S. - JJ conned me into buying him $17 worth of rubber duckies today at a little boutique! Gotta love Orange County: )
Ogling girls at a pretty young age, for sure!!!
ReplyDeleteCute pics!
Love, Mom and the Dad
Those are some wild shorts, JJ!
ReplyDeleteLib, your writing made me laugh out loud - really funny! And feet-kissing--that's a first! Kissing his own feet and eating off the floor - that's some kid you got there! I can't imagine how excited you must be feeling - how many hours till Brian gets home? Love, FA/FGA
i love that you posted that at 9:33pm- no joke I was asleep! So tired I got in bed at 8:30pm and fell asleep watching tv.
ReplyDeleteHahaha - I really shouldn't read this in the library. The whole foot-kissing comment left me cracking up! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Brian is coming home soon!