JJ's been saying some pretty funny things these days. When I can understand him, he cracks me up : ) Yesterday when I went to pick him up from daycare, the 5-year-old daughter of the woman who watches him wanted to show me the bows and headbands that she's been making. I put one of the headbands on JJ and he loved it : ) He actually looked at me and kept saying, "I'm pretty, I'm pretty" until I would agree with him!!! Brian really needs to come home so that JJ can stop wearing headbands and my high heals around the house : )
We went to the zoo this morning with JJ's girlfriend Avery and her mom Erin. The kids were really great with only one meltdown when it was time to leave. JJ's favorite "exhibits" for the day were puddles, every bird that he could hear or see, and Avery : ) It rained last night, so JJ had a great time finding and splashing in every puddle he could find while Avery didn't step in a single one! Oh, boys : )
Brian's ship is in port today in Okinawa, Japan, so we were able to Skype with him tonight, which was great. JJ and I had just gotten in a "fight" because he refused to eat dinner again, so it was really good to see Brian's face to calm us both down. The connection wasn't too good though, so every time Brian would "go away" JJ would yell, "uh oh dadda." It was pretty funny. My favorite part of the conversation was when Brian asked JJ if he could see his new Thomas train. JJ got up, went in the other room and came back with the train and showed it to Brian! It was super cute : ) In between the tantrums and "fights" that we get in, I think that JJ is very smart : )
I love the puddles story! Oh, boys!
ReplyDeleteCute pics!
Love, Mom and the Dad
There is an ancient formula: little boys+puddles = fun! It's one of the great truths in life! And, of course, JJ is very smart..does any one have any doubt? Cute pictures. Love, Rosalee
ReplyDeleteJJ is funny. :) Aren't boys great? Puddles and all?
ReplyDelete